Children are a heritage of the Lord. Psalm 127:3



August 6, 2010

No News is... No News.

I had to post "no news" for everyone who is waiting, perhaps more impatiently than I am, for my phone to ring! 

I started this blog as a way to keep a record of our adoption journey.  A "pre-baby" book, if you will, to print (http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/ makes it easy!) and add to our family records when we reach Gotcha Day.

I made this blog "public" because I felt guilty enjoying everyone else's blogs without reciprocating.  As an obsessive number cruncher and blog stalker myself, it is only fair to let others track my wait list numbers and stalk me...

The problem? I have nothing really to say. I read other adoption blogs and am blown away by the bloggers' insights, compassion, humor, and faith... their ability to keep an online diary that is open to the world.  The more meaningful something is to me, the harder it is for me to share. I'm sure a psychoanalyst would read all sorts of things into that confession.

No one has accused me of being shy since I learned to talk.  Still, I find that I am too private to be that open. It feels too exposed to me. Posting the shortest (or, okay, I admit, once the longest!) messages on the list serve are tough.  Usually, the first thing I type, I erase, because I fear that most people do not get my sarcastic humor.  I'm not trying to be flippant-bordering-on-irreverant.  It just comes naturally. 

And so I share the superficial, hint at the meaningful, and generally bore everyone including myself.   Yet, here I am typing... and there you are reading.  :)

(Still waiting!)

1 comment:

  1. I so get what you are saying. So get it. Blogging is super hard for me. I will be giving it up shortly. Other people bless me through their writing. But I'm pretty sure that is not my gift.

    I love your sense of humor. My middle name is "sarcastic"! Waiting along with you and can't wait for THE post!! If you were closer, I'd take you out for some ice cream!

    ReplyDelete