For those who are stalking my blog, as I stalked those before me - no, we haven't received a referral yet! That would be the happiest-of-happy places to be in, but we're not there yet. There's nothing left for us to do to get there except wait...
The courts in Ethiopia are closed through September. We will probably not receive a referral for a couple of weeks, maybe not even for a couple of months. We find ourselves in "a most useless place... The Waiting Place." (Dr. Seuss)
It's as good of an excuse as any to go to... Disneyland!
For the cost of the hotel and park tickets, we're off to the Happiest Place on Earth with Grandma. Earlier this year, I signed up for every free-credit-card-with-bonus-mileage-points that was out there, and voila! 4+ free domestic airline tickets. Jon laughed at me in February when I sat surrounded by a dozen credit cards, putting everything into a spreadsheet, tracking how much we needed to charge by what date to get the mileage bonuses. I’ll get the last laugh from the top of Splash Mountain, just before I close my eyes and scream . . . and then wonder why I ever think getting soaking wet is a good idea.
I am determined not to let the wait get to me any more than it already has. I will not eat any more ice cream. I will not crunch any more numbers. I will not rearrange the nursery closet any more.
I will exercise more, I will pray more, and I will plan what rides to go on first.
Mickey Mouse is blissfully ignorant of court closures and fingerprint expiration dates.
August 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love your sense of humor, Angela! You go, girl! Enjoy Disney World for me, too. :-) I can't wait to hear your good news and what better place to get that phone call than the land of Mickey Mouse, right?
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up! Have a wonderful time at Disney:) Can't wait to hear your news!
ReplyDeleteWow! ENJOY! That sounds amazing! I have heard of people getting referrals while in Disney! :)
ReplyDeleteYou set an amazing example for us enduring the wait! Enjoy precious time with family, enhance time with God and allow Him to do the rest! Blessings in Disney!
ReplyDelete