Several weeks ago, out of the blue, Matthew announced "Mommy, I want to buy my baby sister a doll!" I explained that he didn't have to do that, and that if he spends his $ on Isabella, he will have less money to spend on himself. To my surprise (and motherly pride), he has stuck to his goal, and constantly reiterates it as he completes his chores and collects the coveted quarter.
Well... Matthew's 4th birthday last week gave him a cash windfall, and today we counted up his money. He has enough saved to buy a doll for Isabella and the Toy Story 2 DVD for himself. He is thrilled.
Here is the doll that he picked:
Isn't she adorable?! I love Matthew's heart, and I smile thinking of Isabella playing with the doll that her big brother gave her. I can also almost hear Isabella saying "but MOMMY! I don't want to watch THAT movie again, I want to watch The Frog Princess. PLEASE... it's MY TURN to pick!"
Good times to look forward to!


that is SO sweet... love his little heart!
ReplyDeleteAwwww...does it get any sweeter?!?! Can't WAIT to SEE him loving on that sweet girl!
ReplyDelete